Metrohm Autolab + Arbin: Integrated EIS Solution for Battery Research
Metrohm Autolab and Arbin Instruments have combined decades of experience to create an easy to install Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) solution that you can integrate into your battery cell testing and research laboratory. This solution can be used with an existing Arbin battery cell tester. Your Arbin software controls the measurement; no additional software is required.
EIS goes beyond direct signal measurements to provide advanced characterization information, including long-term battery life cycle testing.
EIS is an Important Measurement Tool to:
- Measure state of charge (SoC) and state of health (SoH) of batteries
- Evaluate battery electrodes, electrolytes and separators
- Understand battery degradation mechanisms
- Study the interphase and SEI layer
- Measure the conductivity of electrolytes and separators
Integrate EIS Easily with the Autolab/Arbin EIS Solution
- No need to change your experiment configuration or download additional software, just connect and measure
- One software platform—a single place for all of your data storage and analysis
- The EIS measurement is within the charge/discharge cycles of the Arbin system, and the EIS data is conveniently tagged with the channel number for meticulous data management and in-depth analysis
- EIS measurements can be automated across 1-32 channels with a frequency range of 10 μHz to 1 MHz
Autolab/Arbin EIS Solution:
- A compact and lightweight Metrohm Autolab PGSTAT204 potentiostat/galvanostat
- An electrochemical impedance spectroscopy module (FRA32M)
- An EIS Solution Cable that combines the PGSTAT204 with the Arbin battery cell tester
Analysis Beyond Routine Battery Cycling
An Autolab PGSTAT204 with the powerful NOVA 2 software gives you access to a wide variety of features:
EIS Fit and Simulation analysis is available in NOVA when you import your data
NOVA‘s modern user interface and straightforward navigation allows you to use the NOVA Procedure Editor to design customized experimental procedures
Execute higher current applications up to 10 amperes with an add-on Current Booster
Conveniently connect and control other accessories/instruments and manage the data and analysis through NOVA 2. For example: The Autolab Microcell HC allows for high speed temperature-controlled measurements on ionic liquids and solid state battery materials.
To learn more about the Autolab Microcell HC, click here.